Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Oh dear...

I woke up this morning only to realise the terrible amount of responsibility i've placed on my young, balding shoulders by starting this 'beast'.

Everything I now do I think, 'would this be good on the blog?', 'do people wanna hear this?', 'is my life on a downward spiral?' Right now I'm sat in university thinking about my day ahead...to work or not to work, that is the question.

I have so much to do and a relatively decent amount of time to do it in. Do I need to pressure myself in the ways I do? Oh shit, I have just turned into some enormous crap-speaker (definition: a speaker of crap).

A few other things to note today:
1. Rob Rouse is an intensely funny comedian, which I suppose is good for a comedian.
2. Apparently some people in London call 'fit' men....'beans'.
3. Games Computing students are geeks.

OK OK, i know no.3 sounds hypocritical coming from a man who writes a weblog, but they are, simple as that.

On Friday, I followed my Games Computing student of a housemate into the 'Games Computing Labs'. I was bored and he was only gonna be a few minutes printing off some work, so I didn't see the harm it could cause.

The first room I walked in was some sort of social accident.
50 salivating geeks sat staring at screens, banging their keyboards and clicking their mice like crazy chimp-like mutant men...this wasn't the most worrying thing.

They were all playing the same game...Battlefield or Battlefront or summat. 50 of them, all playing the same Vietnam-based army game...this wasn't the most worrying thing.

The most worrying thing was simply that they were barking military-style orders at each other, like they WERE the game.

Shouts echoed across the room...
"the helicopter's down, the helicopter's down.."
"bob, cover me while I get the injured..."
"I'm hit! I'm hit!"

I am not shitting you.

The thought that crossed my mind after seeing this is a very logical one.
The US and the UK like to start wars with people, send in soldiers, get them killed. It seems to me, the most well-prepared people to be in a warzone would be geeks! They've had plenty of practise at air and ground assaults, they could sort out any Iraqi villagers with broadband connections and finally, NO ONE WOULD MISS THEM!

Brilliant....I should write on here more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06