Monday, July 24, 2006

Starstruck in the supermarket...

The things I will always miss about Morrisons at Morton Park will be its ideal location for spotting Middlesbrough footballers and staff. Situated just a few miles from the Rockcliffe training ground, it's in a prime location for players to pop in for Lucozade or Andrex when training's over. The players and staff I've seen at Morton Park in the last couple of years are:

Jonathan Greening: On his way to a players meet-up for a pre-season friendly a couple of years back, he was served in front of me. After informing the girl who served him who he was, she said: 'I never knew......was he fit?'. He went to WBA soon after, probably to escape the lacklustre brain-cells of teenage girls in the North East.

Chris Riggott: He was browsing in the store with his girlfriend while out of the side with either a (if I remember correctly) toe or an ankle injury. He never hobbled once when I was watching (spying on) him. Lying bugger.

Michael Reiziger: I remember seeing him from a distance so not being able to see what he was buying. It was probably a vegetable for him to model himself on, as while he played for the Boro, he resembled nothing else.

Keith Lamb (Chief Executive): He was served on the checkout in front of me last week. He buys the Daily Mail. I forgive him for this due to his affiliation with MFC.

Chris Moseley (Physio): I turned around on my till today to see the physio (who is often the one we see run out and treat players on the pitch) walk past in all his Boro kit. I nearly fainted.


So there you have it. Morrisons: the haven of the rich and famous....and Chris Moseley.

I was starstruck anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morrisons does appear to be the place to be if you want to see Boro players/vegetables! whens the next train? :)

9:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good, but not as good as mine & Mum's Boro "spot" - Mr Steve McClaren himself!!!

8:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06