Friday, July 07, 2006

Superman Myspace, the big final and anti-Big Phil...

Yooooooo,

My happiness is unbridled today as my Myspace page has taken on a wonderful Superman Returns design! It's brilliant! I'm so happy! Yeah!

Also, I am also happy as I'm looking forward to the World Cup Final on Sunday. Throughout the tournament I've enjoyed watching the ups and downs of the Azzurri, from the awful dive which brought their penalty winner against the Aussies to the wonderful goal from the same man, Grosso, which broke the deadlock in the semi. They've always been entertaining and always been worth watching, I hope they show their class on Sunday. My heart is with Pirlo, Cannavaro, Gattuso etc.

I've also admired the resolve of the French recently. In my blog a few weeks back I mentioned a good reason to watch the World Cup was to laugh at the French. They've turned things around brilliantly, defend well and look dangerous on the break. Ribery, Zidane and Henry, despite playing a different role to the one he works in at Arsenal, all have looked brilliant recently.

I can't wait for what should be a great final.

I'm also happy that Phil Scolari didn't get the England job. He seems to instil an essence of cheating into his players. He encourages them to pressurise the referee, to dive and to use dirty tactics to get one other their opposition. England were the better team in their game and France (and the ref of the semi) showed them for the divers and cheats they are. The greatest shame is that Ronaldo in particular is a gifted footballer, he doesn't need to cheat or dive to get the better of a marker. This is what Scolari has done to his side's talent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06