Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Resurrections, Pupil Power and Soft Rock...

Sitting in a pub on Sunday waiting for the quiz to start, I noticed that there was a goldfish bowl on the bar in which there was a fish which seemed to be not moving and floating at the top of the bowl.

"Do you think it's dead?" my sister said inquisitively, and I decided to find out. "I'll go and see" I said. (I'm building up suspense here by the way)

So up I strolled to the bar and, looking as innocuous as possible, I gently tapped the side of the bowl where the dead-looking fish laid lifeless. It didn't move, so I walked back to our table and sat down forlornly. "It's a goner" I said as a tear fell down my face.

"Wait..." said my Auntie Barbara, with hope in her eyes, "...it's back fin is....well...it's moving"

I turned around and to my surprise, the fish was swimming around full of life and summer. Indeed it seems that I brought the fish back from the reaches of heaven or hell. Go me.

We lost the quiz.

I went into Woodham Comp today to have a look around and see if I was up to the challenge of invigilating a few exams in the next couple of weeks. Most of the morning was OK and it was nice that a kid said sorry when he nudged into me after I essentially walked into him. That was cool.

Tonight sees Robert Dixon's musical tastes take an interesting turn into the genre of FM radio rock with a trip to St James' Park to see Bryan Adams rock out Geordieland. I'd like to say I'm exciting except I musn't be as I keep forgetting that it's actually tonight he's on. Whoops. I'm going primarily for the singalong factor, so a big rendition of Everything I Do would be quality!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goldfish have a really bad habit of playing dead - they aspire to being coi carp!

10:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you loved bryan, admit it!!! (and if you didn't, who gives a flying wotsit - i bloody did) and as for saying that you are EXCITING - nobody ever accused you of that hunnibun!!!!! (joke!)

2:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06