Friday, April 07, 2006

Probably the most sincere blogpost in the world...ever

People who read this blog often, and I know there's only about five of you, will know how usually i'm fairly eloquent and witty with my words. Today, I'm just dumbfounded.

Was it because last night's wonderous game was hidden away on ITV4, away from terrestrials who could sit and spur us on? Or is it because the result still rings in my head?

Sleeping was difficult last night, my head was buzzing. I'd been tired all day so going out was never going to be my way of burning off the stress and tension that my body went through. Instead I hoovered and cleaned the kitchen! I also bought every national newspaper (bar the Sport, I have standards) this morning just to make sure I remember every single second of that 90 minutes.

It's just a moment in football, a moment in your life, you can never forget. All the piss-taking, the attempts at defending MFC in dark hours and the stupidly bloody-minded belief has been worth it now. No more do I have to feel that my side is inferior to the big boys of Chelski and Man Utd or even NUFC, a side who still cling to a notion of being the best club in the North-East. No longer do I have to be disappointed about our league showing this year.

Life is as much about memories as it is the future that you look forward to. Nostalgia can be a bad thing, but every so often it shimmers and warms you heart like nothing else can. Last night, like this whole season, created so many memories. Of course there's good and bad, but every single one helps you grow and increases your belief in things that you hold dear.

I can wear the shirt with more pride than ever before now, as everyone who loves Middlesbrough can do. The Carling Cup doesn't compare to last night and I'm sure I'm not exaggerating. All the ups and downs of that past few years cannot take this feeling away from me.

And that my friends, is complete sincerity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, a resounding "bravo" and a "jolly well done" to Boro. As far as best team in the N.E goes, I suppose we'll find out on sunday.....

2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06