Thursday, February 23, 2006

I Had A Day Off....


Stone the crows, I did it!

My day yesterday involved one piece of work and then booze...and I feel hilariously shameless for it, despite having a mountain of work the size of my loins. That's a lot by the way.

I photographed a fella for my website work, then decided (initially against my will) to go and meet my girlfriend for lunch at ...the Shed. During this time I enjoyed a vegetable lasagne (and garlic bread) and found myself constantly talking about work. Work work work work work.

So, in a fit of rage, I decided to (in my own words) 'fuck this' and go out drinking with my bird instead!

Huzzah, what a magical day! Our list of bars, in which we enjoyed at least one drink, was as follows:
  • ...the Shed
  • Library bar
  • The Quayside
  • Lloyds Bar

Then we had a slight interval while we bought various precious gifts and jewels in town. Then as my bladder began to fail, we had to go to another public house so I could spend a penny. So than we went to:

  • Walkabout
  • LN2
  • Dogma
  • Zucchinis (non-alcoholic here tho, with a nice pizza)
  • Dogma again
  • Yates

Two things happened in this period of alcoholic carelessness.:

1. whilst in walkabout, Ana was called to sort something out in babylab so I went along with her and waiting in the Atrium for half an hour reading the Guardian and craving more lager.

2. on the way to Dogma (the first time) we bumped into Andy and Ben, who told us they would be going there later at around seven. So after deciding randomly to go to Zucchinis for dinner, we went back to Dogma and met them! 2 cocktails for £6 people, how can you go wrong?

Despite trying to pull away and see my housemates at Varsity, we were convinced to continue our revelry with Andy, Ben, Carla and Paul and had a good laugh while there.

So eventually, after a long day of drinking my body weight (and agreeing to see Bryan Adams with my sister in the heart of Geordieland, St James' Park...oh dear), we went home to bed, safe in the knowledge that we can remember the day with fondness as the most spontaneous day we've had in our relatively short history.

All of this while carrying a bag full of dissertation texts and wearing a Boro away shirt.

God bless spontaniety...and God bless me.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you would've agreed to go see Bryan even if you were sober!!!

6:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06