Friday, February 03, 2006

Nothing Works Around Here...

Hello!

The wonderful title of this post today is taken from one of my favourite songs of the moment, 'I Want You To Stay' by the mighty Maximo Park. OK OK, they might be geordies but hell, Paul Smith writes a fine melancholic pop gem occasionally.

My day so far today has been nothing short of alright. I started my day with a dissertation, which was nothing short of a battle. Trying to keep my tutor for waffling off the subject or reiterating the same points over and over is a difficult task but I managed to control him today.

Plus I got him to admit that my study was looking very focused, even though the question of 'why should anyone care about this study?' took me a while to answer! Fuck, who needs a purpose for their actions? Oh yeah, me.

In other news, in my lecture today we watched a nice TV documentary which was a carbon copy of the docs that Peter Kay parodied to priceless effect in 'That Peter Kay Thing'. It may infact have featured the same narrator. It was a docu-soap on 'Skegness News', which followed reporters as they went hunting stories on lapdancing in pubs, rare birds and a couple of pensioner's wedding anniversaries.

Just that sentence alone means I don't have to tell you how painfully embarassing it was to watch, it got even worse when we (the viewers) were introduced to 'The Jolly Fisherman', a stupid 'heritage' character from the area. More like a twat in a suit.

Unfortunately a Google Image search doesn't throw up any pics that do this nobhead justice, but his cock so you don't wanna see him anyway. Everytime he appeared on the screen I wanted to stab him. So I wasn't too wound up then.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06