Monday, January 09, 2006

Oh! Emotions!

WARNING: watch out here kids, this one is actually...dare I say it...serious, very little humour of any kind...as usual.

Well here I am once more, back in Lincoln and ready to work my arse off for the powers that be.

I've literally just walked into uni in good spirits with my good friend Harry, only to start to getting emotional over a number of random subjects! Yeah, really! Here they are:

1. Katherine Horton
The murder of the student in Thailand at New Year has always struck a chord with me since it hit the news and I don't really know why in particular. However, reading that the girl's abusers and eventual killers have been found made me happy yet also rather sombre.

On the phone to her mother at the time, a million miles from home, on her own...fucking disgraceful act by two human beings.

2. Ugo and Super Schwarz
I know its not exactly in the same league as the above passage, but as I said these are random.
These two players moving on makes me quite sad. Both excellent servants to Boro, they will be sorely missed.

Unfortunately it is true that Ugo is simply not the player he was a few seasons back, as his work for us this season has shown.

Schwarz however, should always be remembered for his contribution to the team for the last 9 years. A great keeper, I'm humbled somewhat that his reasons for leaving are simply wanting to move on. He's been shaky in the last couple of games but his honesty in simply admitting he was fed up after so many years is quite refreshing.

I just hope that the exits of these players, along with the exit of (hopefully) Nemeth (but Jesus, not Jimmy! Please!)...will give Boro the funds to push forward and get a quality centre-half and right winger that we need. I personally believe the kids are the future. If you're reading Mac, think about it.

3. Back in Lincoln
Yeah, the final semester of the final year. I have a dissertation to do and a life to lead. Very strange to think i'm teetering on an abyss once this semester finishes. What will I do? Where will I go? Oh god.

4. Starsailor on Radio 1
Just if you thought the world couldn't get any stranger....everyones favourite plod-rockers have returned to national airwaves!

On the way back here I heard their new single 'This Time' on Jo Whiley's show! In my review of their album (published in the recent issue of TAG, available in all shops), I backed them to be the surprise hit of the festivals this year and I reckon I'm back on with that claim!

Well if it can happen to Embrace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06