Friday, December 09, 2005

Media Diversity, Scooters, Metal and Christmas...

Again, I apologise (to anyone who cares) for my significant lack of posts this week as I've been busy! No really!

A lot of my time was taken up by work for my Radio News unit at uni, which I completed yesterday. Yesterday I had the privilege of doing a voicepiece (me explaining a story) and vox pop (talking to members of the public) on Bat's testicles. No really, the whole story is here:




http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-13475802,00.html

The stories I covered yesterday made me realise the shite I've spent my time writing copy for over the last weeks. So here, for your own personal delectation, is the entire list of the subjects I have covered:

Lincoln's School of Journalism, BSkyB, Harry Potter, Camp America, STIs, UEFA Cup, AIDs, Cannabis, Dr Pepper, Xbox, Lennon, Rail fares, Bat's balls, Coronation Street...in that order.

Now that my little bumblebees, is media diversity.



In other news, feel free to abuse and torture your local WH Smith sales assistant to find the new issue of TAG magazine, as it has yours trulys opinion on the new Franz Ferdinand and Starsailor albums in there. A quality read in a complicated world.

Another reason my time has been somewhat taken up recently is because I went out on Wednesday. I know what you're thinking...'shut up Rob we don't care if you went to Ritzys again' but alas! I didn't!

No. Me and a couple of distinguished gents went to Po Na Nas on Wednesday.



Pure white-noise-punk-ass metal coming in your ears. Really. Even by my own granny scaring standards (System of A Down, Queens, Funeral For A Friend) it was rather loud. The music however was but one issue.

The other issue was that the clientele consisted largely of sweaty, long haired neanderthals twirling their heads like demonic Catherine Wheels...with out the fireworky sparkiness.

I went in hope that there would be some 'alternative' females to look at but had to make do with looking at the feminine styles of Kes and Si. I say they look slightly feminine as they have long hair.

Tonight I'm out on the prowl again, this time dressed like a top candidate for James Bond at the Uni Xmas Ball. You'll all be pleased to hear I tried everything on last night and look fucking hot. Unfortunately ladies, I do have a date for the night...but if given a decent offer I will attempt to shake her off. I have no morals.

Sleep well little ones...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06