Monday, February 13, 2006

One of the best weekends I've had?!...

Good morning!

What a weekend I've had. Not only did I go away, have a piss in Andy Sandall's toilet (well two of them out of three) and drink free booze all Saturday night, Boro stuffed Chelsea! Yeah, really!

And I have to start with that. What a result! However, after beating United and Arsenal at the Riverside, I shouldn't have been surprised.


The game's biggest talking point in my opinion is Fabio Rochemback. Where did his amazing performance come from? Will this finally be the moment when he shows us all what he can really do? He's currently winning the Man of the Match poll on the Boro site with about 60% of the votes. Says it all.

So yeah, I went away this weekend. It was at times an emotionally charged affair (damage can be done by the innocent toss of a pepper), but I enjoyed heading down to Essex with Morrissey, Carla, Andy and A. We stopped in Histon to drop Andy off and it was at that point the time hit the interesting digits of...3:10pm

So I thought I'd check my phone to see what the Boro score was, expecting, with ten minutes gone, for us to be at least nine goals down. We weren't! We'd scored!

So Morrissey whacked on the old Five Live (that's 693 or 909AM kids) and hell he then scored again! The highlight of the car journey down was undoubtedly when Yakubu scored. At that point, I was sat in the car on my own in Sainsbury's car park in Brentwood, Essex. I shouted very loudly while people with trolleys looked on, perturbed by the angry Darlingtonian they saw before them.

When we got to Rachel's, it was only a matter of time when we were at the bomb shelter-esque scout hall where the party was happening...and where we were sleeping. Much booze flowed, some people left crying, some left sick...and some people left at the end. Good laugh though.


Yesterday was one of the most deeply random moments of my tiny life. We (Kes, Harry, Dale, Andy and I) slowly made our way back to Lincoln via Kwik Fit in Brentwood, Histon, the Grafton Centre and a cosy Newark petrol station.

Twas in Cambridge where I ate Burger King and thought I'd jokingly text Saunders, my mate at Cambridge Uni to say I was there. And then I met him! Mental! It was good to spend several fleeting moments with him and then head off home.

On the way back, we talked about all manner of things: handcocks, masturbation, making a horror film based on the weekend, the concept of in-car George Foreman grills being just a few of the topics.

All of this happened and I STILL got home for Match of the Day 2 to finally see the goals with which we put Chelsea to the sword. Huzzah!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ax said...

Yeah hi love, can u not add the TWO final letters to my name? or are u being cute and mysterious as to who 'A' is?

5:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06