Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Beauty of Advertising...

Last week, I was sat on the toilet at work (bear with me, the story gets better) and the music being played over the tannoy faded out as an advert started up.

Expecting another drab boring bloke wittering on about dog food, I was stunned to hear the warm tones of a woman, who said the following...

"The birthplace of the Mona Lisa, the setting for Romeo and Juliet and the home to some of the world's finest foods. But luckily you don't have to travel to experience the great taste of Italy as..."

Wow! what a brilliant way to start a supermarket advert, this product must be the bestest thing in the world!!! I settled myself (still on the toilet) and waited to discover what wonderful product this advert was promoting.

"...Crosse and Blackwell's Pasta and Sauce are on sale at 72p, buy one get one free"

BRILLIANT!! 'The great taste of Italy!' I'm sure Michaelangelo, Donatello and all the other turtles would be shocked and appalled to find that a sachet of powder and dried pasta represents the culinary heritage and history of Italy.

God bless whoever wrote that wonderful piece for Morrisons. I nearly fell of the toilet when I heard it.

Yes, I was still on the toilet then.

A shit since you ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Graphics since 19/08/06